Hiring an arborist is essential to the proper care and maintenance of your trees, and is a decision that should not be taken lightly. We’re here to inform you about what to look for, what to expect, and the importance of hiring an arborist!
WHAT IS AN ARBORIST?
An arborist is a professional that has been trained on the art and science of planting and managing trees and other woody plants.
WHAT KIND OF SERVICES DO ARBORISTS PROVIDE?
Arborists use a variety of well known horticultural techniques in order to ensure the proper management and care of trees. Some of the services that they may provide to you are:
- Tree Removal
- Emergency Tree Care (Ex: post-storm tree damage)
- Proper Plant Nutrition
- Plant Management
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN HIRING AN ARBORIST:
When hiring an arborist, make sure to ask for certification! They should be certified by one of the three professional organizations:
- ISA – International Society of Arboriculture
- TCIA – Tree Care Industry Association
- ASCA – American Society of Consulting Arborists
- Proof of Insurance: All certified arborist should carry proof of insurance for personal, property damage, and worker’s compensation.
- Check Permits and Licenses: Check with your local government to make sure that all permits and licenses have been applied for, before beginning work. Permits are not always necessary, but it is important to double check.
- References: Make sure to get references that showcases their work, and that is similar to the work you are asking for.
- Get more than one estimate: Do not go with the lowest bid. Make sure to look at all of your options.
HIRE AN ARBORIST
Don’t take matters into your own hands, hire an ISA Certified Arborist to help you tackle your tree management needs. Here at Anglin Brothers Tree Care we have the knowledge and the skills to help you clean up and maintain your trees. Call Anglin Brothers for a quote and for information about how we can help you!